Friday... We didn't do much during the day. Friday night the boys I used to nanny came over to play. Reagan LOVES the boys! They played, watched movies, ate ice-cream sundaes, and fell asleep. It was fun to see them and catch up with their parents.
Saturday... We did a lot of cleaning. Jon and my dad went to gun show while Reagan helped me with the chores. In the afternoon I ran some errands in Ames. When I got back Phyllis was here to stay with us. (Jon's grandma) She hasn't seen Reagan for a few weeks, so we thought she should come and stay. Reagan was very excited to see her and had lots of fun playing with her. She sat on her lap for almost an entire movie.
Mix an angel food cake as directed. Bake it in a Jelly Roll pan for about 15 minutes. (I bake mine on parchment paper- if you don't use it, you should!!)
Once it is done, let it cool for a few minutes, then roll it up. (you can put a towel with powdered sugar or more parchment paper before you roll) Then let it cool.
The filling I made is a big container of cool whip mixed with a little chocolate sauce and lots of crushed butterfingers. ( You can use any kind of candy bar you want. )
Unroll the cake, cover it with the filling and roll it back up!! Keep it in the refrigerator!
Sunday... Reagan slept in until 8am!! So I slept in! We got up and Reagan played with Phyllis. Then we got ready and went to Valentinos Brunch Buffet! I can't believe how much Jon and Phyllis love this place! When we got home Phyllis took off for home to try and beat the storms. We were so happy to have her stay with us and can't to see her again! After she left we attempted to lay Reagan down for a nap. She played for about an hour, then Jon got her up. I cleaned out my half of the closet and went through my clothes. I got rid of 4 garbage bags full of clothes! Now, I just need to get Jon to go through his... It was a lazy night and Reagan was in bed asleep before 7! It was a great weekend even though the weather wasn't very nice!
Now THAT'S my kind of picnic!
ReplyDeleteOh, and when can I expect you here to do my closets?
Gma loved her stay! Thanks for inviting her!
ReplyDelete