Friday, April 10, 2009

I JUST CAN'T WIN!!!

Here we go again! I wake up this morning and get all ready for work. I go to get Reagan up and her eyes are crusted over and watering, she has green snot dripping from her eyes, nose, and ears and she can't stand up holding both her "B" and "blanket". She is smiling and acting like she is fine- but she did not look fine. Jon and I both agreed it was time to take her in to see the doctor AGAIN!! I call work and let them know that I don't think I will be in, but would let them know what the doctor says. We get to the doctors office and I TRIED to confine my gross looking child in the event that she is contagious- after a bit of screaming I gave up. I figure it is a doctors office and I am sure this isn't the first time a contagious child is running around.
When we get back to see the doctor, Reagan figures out she can open the door! So then next battle begins while we wait for the doctor to come in. He came in and checked her out.... pink eye (starting) and EAR INFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!! I about started bawling right then and there. I can't win. I don't know what else I can do to protect my child from this. I make her wear a hat, I try my best to keep water out of her ears, I don't let her play outside when the weather is questionable...I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!!! So we are trying some medicine and then re-check and if that doesn't seem to help we will be making another trip to see the ENT! Oh yeah, and she is getting a yeast infection from the antibiotics she was on 3 weeks ago..........
We went to the pharmacy to get her medicine and I left her there for 5 minutes so I could drop off somethings at work for the day. When I came back to get her Jon and I held her down to put her eye drops in. It was not pretty. Everyone says it will get better when the weather changes... if it doesn't I am moving!!
I am open for any suggestions of how to deal with this... I think I will start with a drink tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I obviously don't have any advice for you, I'm usually the one getting the advice from you. But we're thinking about you, and hopefully things get better for you soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete