My two oldest nephews spent the month of July in Iowa. Dalton is 16 and Devin is 12. The go to a 4-H camp every year here. This was Devin's first year and Dalton's fourth. We got to spend about a week with them before they went to camp. During that time we went swimming at the Ames Aquatic Center and Slater Pool. Reagan had a blast!! Jon and I took them and Reagan to Adventureland one night. We left Kamryn with a sitter and off we went. We had SOOO much fun!! I didn't take my camera because I thought I would ride some rides and didn't want it to get broken. Big mistake! Reagan rode every ride she could- including the roller coasters!! I couldn't believe it, I was worried she would be terrified but after her first ride on the tornado she ran right by me and wanted to go again. She had so much fun with Devin and Dalton and will remember that trip forever. I rode 2 rides! It was such a fun night! We headed to McDonald's at 8 for dinner then back home. The boys went to camp for the next week and Reagan asked a million times when they would be back. When they got back they came down for dinner one night and then Dalton was off again for another week of camp. Devin hung out with us some. We went to Reiman Gardens one day (it was only 110 degrees out!). Needless to say we didn't stay too long. Then we went swimming and hung out at mom and dads. Kamryn had fun playing with them and would often jump out of my arms into theirs!
The went back home to Missouri 3 days ago and Reagan keeps asking when they will be back. The night before they left they sang songs from camp for about an hour and Reagan loved every minute of it. She keeps singing the songs saying "Dalton and Devin taught me that!". I love them so much and I get so sad when they leave. I can't believe how grown up they are every time I see them. It was so much fun to have them around and I miss them like crazy. I am sure they are enjoying being at home and not surrounded by their obsessive little cousin!!
No comments:
Post a Comment