Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Turkey Day with the Tjelmelands!

It has been 3 years since we have all been together. In those past 3 years- we have added to our families. Here are the stats of my siblings:
My oldest brother Chad and his wife Alisa live in Colorado with their son, Owen (1) and are expecting #2 in June!
My other older brother Kyle, his wife Angela, and their sons Dalton (14) and Devin (11) live in Missouri. They also brought back Reggie and Ashes-2 of their dogs. They stayed with us from Tuesday through Saturday- We LOVED having them stay with us, dogs and all!
My sister Shanon and her husband Marcelo are currently in transition. Marcelo is living in California preparing of deployment in January (he is a Marine) and Shanon and Michael are staying with my parents until he returns.
Here is are pictures of us and our families (and Grandma!)
Events that took place while we were together:
  • Wednesday Night some of us went gambling in Des Moines- I didn't walk away with as much as last time, but I went from my last $2 up to $84, I walked out with $50! My brother won $60...everyone else broke even or lost!
  • Kyle and Angela watched Reagan Wednesday morning while Jon and I were at work. Apparently while Kyle was in the shower, Reagan went in and took all the change out of his pockets and put it in her piggy bank. She then managed to get a hold of his money clip and was about to make bank when Aunt Angela caught her in the act!!! I asked Reagan about it and she said "Money goes in MY piggy bank!"
  • For Thanksgiving we had: Turkey, Stuffing, Potatoes, Corn, Green bean casserole, rolls, jello salad, Cornucopia bread and veggies (pictured below), pies, and brownie truffle- (I am sure I am missing something)
  • Friday my parents refrigerator broke and we had to throw most of the food away. So it was like we were tailgating keeping things in coolers and packing it all with ice. Luckily we got it fixed.
  • Did some shopping on Black Friday- no stellar deals, but saved some $$
  • Reagan didn't take a nap all week/weekend! Fun times!
  • Friday night we all went bowling (except for Jon who had to work :( ). We went to perfect games in Ames. It was a lot of fun and when we were done there were arcade games and a jump house that we played in!
  • We played games, watched movies, and took tons of pictures!

These were just a few things that took place. We basically just hung out together and enjoyed each others company. I loved the time we got to spend together. I love my family so much and I miss them all when they are not here. Here are a few more pictures from our time together.

Cousins! The first photo of them ALL together!
Reagan is a little out numbered!

Shanon's bread cornucopia- big topic of conversation!

Grandma and Grandpa with all their grand kids!

1 comment: