On Sunday night Jon and I hosted the 3rd annual Remsburg Cousin Christmas. It is a hard time of year to get everyone together, but we try so hard every year because we love our family. This year I invited my sister (even though she is not a Remsburg)! We had a great time visiting, eating, eating some more, and watching the kids play. This year because we hosted, we were in charge of the main dish. Jon can take ALL the credit for this.... we had Beef Brisket and Turkey. (The turkey was cooked at our neighbors as a back up in case the brisket wasn't any good!) They both turned out GREAT!! Other items were: Pizza, Pepper jack Cheese dip, Twice Baked Potato casserole, salad, and cream puffs. Delicious!!
The kids menu consisted of: Little wienies in crescent rolls, clementines, cheese, and potatoes. The kids enjoyed playing with toys, playing the wii, and watching Polar Express. It is so fun to watch them interact together. Reagan especially liked the sugar cookies Grace brought and gave to each one of them before dinner- somehow Reagan got 3!! Hmm.... Reagan loves it when they all get together and can play. I can't believe how fast they are all growing up.
I had fun preparing, but it would be a lie to say I did it all on my own. Actually, I think my sister did more. She came over and helped me decorate, make gifts, and she made suckers for everyone! I am so glad she got to experience this with me and even more glad I had her help!! It was a fun night and as always seemed to have ended too early.
The kids menu consisted of: Little wienies in crescent rolls, clementines, cheese, and potatoes. The kids enjoyed playing with toys, playing the wii, and watching Polar Express. It is so fun to watch them interact together. Reagan especially liked the sugar cookies Grace brought and gave to each one of them before dinner- somehow Reagan got 3!! Hmm.... Reagan loves it when they all get together and can play. I can't believe how fast they are all growing up.
I had fun preparing, but it would be a lie to say I did it all on my own. Actually, I think my sister did more. She came over and helped me decorate, make gifts, and she made suckers for everyone! I am so glad she got to experience this with me and even more glad I had her help!! It was a fun night and as always seemed to have ended too early.
You all three hosted a perfect Christmas. Will it be odd when I call Shannon next year to help me host???
ReplyDelete