Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Reagan's First Trip to the Dentist

Most parents probably dread taking their child to the dentist. I am not one of those parents! I couldn't wait to take Reagan in for her first official check-up. I wasn't that excited to watch her cry or try to run away like most children do.... I was excited to see the girls (and guy) that have helped me raise Reagan! I worked for 5 years for the dentists. I only worked in the office for a short time, but I learned a lot. The rest of the time I watched their 4 boys. I spent a lot of time in the dental office, which also meant Reagan did too! Everyone there would help watch her, talk to her, and take of her while I worked with them. They do not know how much they helped me out.
When we got there today Reagan was very excited to see everyone. She ran all around. When I took her back to get started with her exam she laid right down. By the time Donna started checking her teeth, she was done! She did not want to lay down any more. Donna got a quick look and went back to get the doctor. While we waited Reagan ran and ran and ran and ran around the office. I normally would not let me child do this, but no one seemed to mind and I guess I am still quite comfortable there. Dr. Debbie came in to check Regan's teeth. I held Reagan while she laid on mine and Dr. Debbie's lap. She fussed and tried to push everyones hands away. She tried to get away once, but was unsuccessful. After a few short minutes she was done! All looked GREAT!! She has a few teeth poking through right now but most of them are in. Beautiful teeth!! I was glad to hear that. We spent some more time running around the office and chatting with everyone. Here is what I want Reagan to remember from this trip:
  • Going to the dentist is not scary
  • Running in the dentist office is not normally OK
  • After getting your teeth looked at you shouldn't eat an almond bar out of the dental assistants hand
  • Getting a prize from a drawer might be the coolest thing ever (especially when it makes noise)
  • When mommy says it is time to go, she means it the 3rd time she says it.
  • YOU HAVE BEAUTIFUL TEETH!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Umm...maya just had her first trip to the dentist. She's 4. I can't wait until you get two kids. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete