In April Jon and I accepted an offer on our house. We were excited, surprised, nervous, anxious... all kinds of feelings. The first thing that popped into my mind was where are we going to live? We agreed on a closing date of June 27 (when the sale of their house will close) so we had about 2 months to find a place to rent until our house is built. I made some calls and found 1 home available in Huxley. I was getting a little worried that we wouldn't be to able find something accommodating to what we would need. A house just one away from ours had been on the market about as long as ours had. I know the owner and she had rented it out prior to listing it. When I last had talked to her she didn't know if they would be interested in renting it any more-- lucky for us they were. The day I called her the people who had made an offer on her house backed out a week before closing, she has issues with her realtor and was thinking of pulling it off the market for a month or 2. Then when I called she said she would love to rent it to us as long as we wanted... really I couldn't believe it. So we got a lease and starting moving forward.
We started slowly moving into the "White House", as Reagan calls it, the second week of June. After a couple very LONG weeks, we are all moved in. In my mind I thought it would be a cake walk moving one house away- in reality I think it is more work. I didn't really pack much because I figured we could just carry it over and put it away. It didn't really work like that!! Oh well.. I guess when I move again I will know better!
It has been interesting calling and changing our address from 606 to 602. Most people ask if they are hearing us right! As of tomorrow morning we will no longer own 606. It has been an emotional process, but in the last few days I am more excited to be done moving and start planning what comes next!!
No comments:
Post a Comment