Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy!!

 For Jon's birthday this year I decided to surprise him with a cake. I knew he liked fondant frosting so I thought I would give it a shot! Success!!! I looked up a recipe on the Internet for marshmallow fondant. It was SO easy and Jon was so surprised and loved it! The cake tasted pretty good too. Reagan helped me pick the colors and cut out the circles. I think I could have messed with decorating it all day, but the girls had other things in mind! Over all I was very excited and happy with it!


Happy Birthday Daddy!! We love you so much and are soooooo lucky to have you in our lives!

Fondant Recipe:
16 ounces white mini marshmallows
2 to 5 Tablespoons water
2 lbs. powdered sugar
1/2 cup crisco shortening

Step 1: Melt marshmallows and 2 T water in microwave. Microwave in 30secs. stir, repeat. ( Total of about 2.5 minutes)

Place 3/4c. powdered sugar on marshmallow mix

Grease the counter and hands with shortening ( use a lot!) Dump marshmallow mixture on counter.  Knead like you would bread dough. Keep kneading, it gets sticky, add the rest of the powdered sugar and keep kneading.  If it gets too dry add water. It usually takes 8 minutes to get firm smooth elastic ball.

It is best the let it sit double wrapped overnight. 

To color it add drops and knead it in.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this frosting!!! The cake is SO SO SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete