I think 2010 was the year of Life Lessons! This was a very hard and trying year for me. There were a lot of ups and even more downs (it feels like). A few things that happened this year taught me SO much about life and about myself.
I learned that no matter what, you ALWAYS have your family to lean on!! I got to spend a lot of time with my nephew Michael. I loved watching him and Reagan interact. It was fun to see their personalities evolve! I learned a lot from them. In May my sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Adalynn Renae. She was born an angel already among us. I was blessed to get to hold her and be with her for a while. This is a memory I will FOREVER cherish. She impacted my life in so many ways. I think about her everyday.
I learned that my sister really is one of the strongest people I know and it just reminded me why I have always looked up to her. She has always been a strong person and through the course of the year she dealt with more than anyone should. In true Shanon fashion, she pushed through the hard times and came out fighting on the other side even stronger. This is something that would help me later in the year.
Life is a precious gift! After lots of trips to the hospital, bedrest, help taking care of Reagan, and everything in between Kamryn Cecilia was born and this is the most wonderful thing that happened to me in 2010. You look at her and can't help but smile. I love watching her and Reagan together. Reagan has grown-up so quickly and I am enjoying watching her learn new things. These two girls are the greatest gifts I EVER could recieve. I love them more than anything.
Life is Precious- On August 8 my dear friend was tradgically killed in a car accident. There was no warning- one day she was here, the next she was gone. I was numb for a long time after this happened. Kamryn was 2 weeks old, Reagan was almost 3. My heart broke for them, Reagan because she had a special bond with Karen and to explain to her what happened was so hard. Kamryn because she will never know Karen.
Holding Kamryn and Reagan's Laughter is the best medicine I could have. Through the hardest times they are exaclty what I needed.
I am stronger than I think. This is one of the last things Karen ever told me. Through the course of this year- I think I am finally starting to believe it.
Good-bye 2010... Hello 2011!!
No comments:
Post a Comment